Thursday, June 13, 2013

Attorney's Fees Affidavit

In light of some recent developments in Mississippi caselaw, I have had to redo my affidavits of attorney's fees.   I previously discussed here  that the court is required to make certain factual findings on the record.  Several cases have recently come out which seem to suggest that you need to portion up what part of your fee is done for what purpose.  I am attaching a form here that I hope will help some of my fellow attorney's and help make a better record on appeal.  You may want to make a separate affidavit for each portion of a case you work on (i.e. divorce, defending abuse allegations, contempt issues). 

Hope this form helps. 

3 comments:

  1. i was just browsing along and came upon your blog. just wanted to say good blog and this article really helped me. Detroit MI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why so? There are some important tricks that you need to know about content writing to be successful. Want to know about them? Give it a shot! ocean county law firm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your take on the issue. I now have a clear idea on what this matter is all about.. Michigan Personal Injury Lawyer

    ReplyDelete