Friday, July 19, 2013

Tennessee Parenting Plan Change

Well, I decided to throw in a second post today for the Tennessee side of my practice.  I have been having to venture across the stateline more and more recently.  On July 1, 2013, the parenting plan form has changed yet again for Tennessee.  The new form is located here.  A colleague of mine pointed out the changes to me.  Some of the changes in Tennessee include  shortening the move distance that trip the move away statute from 100 miles to 50 miles and the removal of the prohibition of others speaking badly of the other parent in the child's presence.  Some of the Tennessee judges have raised the issue that the form is jurisdictional and that failure to use the actual form may make the divorce void.  I am not sure that is the case but I am going to use the current form anyway as to not find out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment