Thursday, January 31, 2019

Power of Attorney and Arbitration

I saw this as an idea on arbitration that may be a good idea to include in a power of attorney.

NO POWER TO AGREE TO BINDING ARBITRATION-– Although I have given my attorney-in-fact this general and durable power of attorney, I specifically withhold from my attorney-in-fact the power to agree or consent prior to the actual occurrence of controversy to binding arbitration therefor, nor to agree in advance to any other process that would preclude the right to have a jury decide any issue in controversy concerning my person or my property, nor to limit in advance in any way my procedural rights to litigate such claims and the damages to which I may be entitled if successful.  This does not, however, preclude non-binding alternative dispute resolution processes such as mediation nor does it preclude submitting a dispute after it has occurred to an arbitration following the advice of counsel.

No comments:

Post a Comment