Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Prison and Child Support

I have been working on several cases lately that deal with child support and prison.  The main issue my office has been dealing with is what support do you set if any when someone is in prison.  The best solution we have come up with is to treat it similar to a criminal fine with payments to start on the first day of the month sixty (60) days following release.  Normally, a condition of probation is to  support one's dependents also.  Going back to prison can be a good motivator for a payor to remain current. 

No comments:

Post a Comment